Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baskets can make the bike!



I pedal for enjoyment but I also use my bike for utility. Groceries, commuting to work, and dinner take-out are the primary utility purposes for riding my bike. The baskets make this possible. I enjoy a quick removable basket on the front so it is also available as a shopping basket. On the rear rack, I have zip-tied a large basket. The two baskets allow me to distribute the load when commuting with items for work and for hauling multiple bags of groceries.

For heavier loads, use a basket that attaches more permanently to the bike frame. Many front baskets attach to the wheel axle with basket stays. This can also be a good choice. Front baskets can be easier than rear baskets to install but with heavier loads, both a front and a rear basket may be necessary.

Remember... biking is fun but biking with accessories is even more fun.

Check out our complete selection of bikes, accessories, and Life is good bike graphic t-shirts at One World Shoppe.

No comments:

Post a Comment